Without a healthy spine, you can experience pain in different areas of your body. Chiropractic care is a highly effective non-invasive and non-addictive pain treatment method. We at Myshka Chiropractic in Jonesboro, AR are dedicated to providing the best chiropractic services. For over 36 years, Dr. Myshka has used spinal manipulation to help countless patients experience pain relief and an improved quality of life.
For a healthy spine, keep these tips in mind:
- Push your belly button forward. This will automatically cause your shoulders to pull back to the right position.
- Wearing WalkFit inserts. For $30 you can order walkfit and we will fit the inserts to your feet if you are a patient. www.walkfit.com
- Keep your knees slightly bent.
When Working at a Desk
- Sit so that your thighs are NOT level with the floor, instead have your knees 4 inches below the seat so your thighs are slanted toward the floor. Your feet will be under the seat and not in front of the seat.
- Having a chair that offers the right support.
- How the computer screen should be at eye level so you’re not looking down. Make sure you are looking square at the computer screen and not with your head turned right or left.
- The importance of getting up and stretching frequently.
- Get a stand up desk if possible.
- Side sleeping. How to test if you have the right pillow. Lay on your side with a cell phone camera. Take a picture. Draw a line from the nose bridge down to your belly button. That line should be parallel to the floor. If the pillow is too high then the tip of the nose is toward the ceiling and the line is not parallel to the floor. If the pillow is too low then the nose is toward the floor and the line is not parallel to the floor. Go through all your pillows until you get the picture of the nose-belly button line to be parallel.
- I like the mattress to be Serta, Seally or Simmons. Do not get a memory foam topper. Buy a mattress cover with a regular 2 inch foam.
- Stomach sleeping is the worst. It damages your neck because your head is turned. Imagine standing up for 8 hours with your head turned hard right or left.
When Talking On the Phone
- Use speaker or a headset if talking for long periods of time.
- Do not prop the phone between your neck and your shoulder.
When Lifting Objects
- How to properly lift as to not injure yourself (squat while keeping back straight, bend at the knees and hips).
- Never twist while picking something up, only turn once you are fully upright.
- Your toes need to be pointed in the same direction as your nose. If your head turns, pivot on the balls of your feet in the direction of your nose.
Contact Our Jonesboro Chiropractor
If you are experiencing pain or discomfort that you think may be related to your spine, book a consultation at Myshka Chiropractic today for an evaluation from our knowledgeable, local chiropractor. You can be confident that our back pain doctor in Jonesboro will provide the best treatment for your needs.