According to the World Health Organization, headaches and migraines are among the most common nervous system disorders worldwide. Some people only endure the occasional headache, but for others, headaches and migraines can be debilitating, causing pain, nausea, and vision problems. Myshka Chiropractic offers relief through headache & migraine treatment in Jonesboro, AR.
Headaches are a symptom that often goes untreated. If you’ve endured physical trauma, such as a car accident or fall, and you’ve developed ongoing headaches and migraines, it could be a sign that there’s a bigger problem.
Other causes can also trigger a headache or migraine, such as:
- Diet, including blood sugar changes and lack of nutrients
- Environmental triggers, such as lights, noises, scents, or stress
- Pinched nerve
- The body’s inability to remove toxins
- Spinal misalignment
- Behavioral triggers, such as extreme exercise or sedentary behavior
It’s no surprise that more of us struggle with headaches today. After all, many spend hours looking down with our chin on our chest using cell phones or at the computer sitting in one position. Doing so can place undue stress and strain on the neck, upper back, and scalp, causing you to experience a headache. This phenomenon has occurred so often that the medical community uses the term “text neck” to describe it.
If you think your headaches might be rooted in another issue, Myshka Chiropractic in Jonesboro can help. Our chiropractic headache & migraine treatment in Jonesboro, AR is a conservative non-drug treatment for pain.
Can Chiropractors Help With Headaches?
If you suffer from headaches and debilitating migraines, you’ve likely tried numerous treatment methods to relieve the pain. Since no cure for headaches and migraines exists, doctors and other health professionals often prescribe medication or over-the-counter drugs to patients. However, chiropractic care offers promising results.
A study in the Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics found that chiropractic care, including spinal manipulation, can significantly improve many headaches. Chiropractor Dr. Susan Myshka has been treating migraines and headaches for over three decades, and Myshka Chiropractic has proven the validity of these results for hundreds of patients through the years.
Chiropractic Care for Migraines & Headaches
Chiropractic adjustments have proven effective in alleviating headache and migraine systems. Regular chiropractic manipulation loosens your joints and surrounding muscle groups and relieves the tension that often causes headaches and migraines. As a result, the frequency, duration, and severity of painful headaches and migraines significantly decrease.
Dr. Myshka will also provide nutritional advice, including opportunities to level your blood sugar and incorporate necessary nutrients into your diet. These dietary suggestions are not only good for your headaches and migraines, but they also make you feel better all over!
Myshka Chiropractic can guide you on improving your posture while texting, at work, and at home and provide techniques for relaxation and targeted exercise. These tips can help to relieve irritation of your joints and tension in the muscles of your upper back and neck.
Benefits of Chiropractic Headache & Migraine Treatment at Myshka
When migraines arise, your cranial blood vessels expand in vasodilation. Commonly experienced tension headaches, however, occur when the blood vessels condense in vasoconstriction. As a result, the surrounding tissues in your brain become swollen, causing pain.
Spinal misalignment can cause muscle tension, irritating nerves and restricting blood flow to the brain, resulting in migraines. Therefore, chiropractic adjustments reduce inflammation and improve your body’s ability to manage better the pain associated with headaches and migraines.
Patients suffering from painful headaches and migraines receive the following benefits from regular chiropractic adjustments:
- Reduced pain and discomfort
- Improved physical function
- Decreased inflammation
- Restores normal blood flow
- Strengthens the spinal muscles
- Lowers irritation in the nerves
- Promotes the body’s healing abilities
Tips for Reducing Headache and Migraine Pain
Activities requiring extended periods of focus in the same position can strain your neck and upper back muscles. Examples include:
- Sitting in front of a computer
- Reading for long periods
- Using a smartphone
If you regularly experience headaches or migraines after any of the above or similar activities, consider the following tips to reduce pain:
- Take a stretch break every 30–60 minutes. Look up and count to 60. Roll your shoulders, stand up, and turn your head from side to side to ease the tension.
- If you are prone to dull, throbbing headaches and engage in heavy exercise such as running or competitive sports, you may need to take time to lower your physical impact. Spending more time engaging in low-impact aerobics may be just what you need.
- Unclench your teeth. It may sound unimportant, but when upper teeth touch lower teeth while resting, the temporomandibular joints (TMJs) that connect the jaw sustain increased pressure and clench together. This action often leads to tension headaches, which feel like a tight band squeezing around your head. Therefore, make an extra effort to relax your jaw during stress.
- Drink plenty of electrolyte-supplemented water, not just plain water. Chemical dehydration (loss of electrolytes) commonly causes headaches, as does an increased level of caffeine.
Schedule a Consultation for Headache & Migraine Treatment in Jonesboro, AR
If you’re suffering from migraines or headaches, contact Myshka Chiropractic today! Dr. Susan Myshka can alleviate your symptoms through chiropractic pain management and guide you through lifestyle changes to help you eliminate headache pain for good.