One of the most common problem areas for many people is the lower back, also referred to as the lumbar spine. Many parts of this section of the body can be affected, including hundreds of ligaments, tendons, joints, muscles, connective tissues, and nerves. The daily activities involving the lower spine are also numerous and can put stress on this area, resulting in potentially chronic conditions that require treatment from a back pain doctor in Jonesboro.
Request an appointment with our Jonesboro back pain doctor at Myshka Chiropractic to help eliminate lower back pain and discomfort!
What Causes Low Back Pain?
Problems in the lower back could involve many conditions, including spinal subluxation or joint misalignment, arthritis, disc disease, disc herniations or bulges, spinal stenosis, or nerve impingement. Conditions can be congenital (i.e., at birth), or they can be classified as one of three different types, including:
- Mechanical – a) Old impact that involves the movement of specific structures to be in the wrong place, including discs, ligaments, soft tissues, muscles, joints, or vertebrae. b) Short leg quarter inch to half an inch can give you a crooked spine for a lifetime, causing low back pain due to spinal nerve root impingement.
- Idiopathic – The cause is unknown.
- Organic – The cause is a kind of cancer or disease.
There are several additional lower back pain causes, including certain risk factors and triggers that may develop into a condition ranging from mild to severe. The potential causes can include the following:
- Old fall, old bicycle accident, old four-wheeler accident, or old car accident
- Short leg that makes you crooked with constant low back pain
- A family history of lower back problems
- The type of work you perform, including jobs that entail repeated heavy lifting, along with sedentary jobs such as desk work that involves extended periods of sitting
- A history of lower back pain that results in recurring or aggravated conditions
- Poor posture when performing specific tasks on the job, at home, or during other activities
To effectively treat pain in the lower back, it’s essential to determine the condition’s cause. Dr. Susan Myshka, a Jonesboro back pain doctor, has over three decades of experience providing treatment for low back pain and identifying and addressing the root cause.
Common Symptoms of Low Back Pain
Some common symptoms of lower back pain can be challenging to deal with, particularly if the symptoms extend beyond pain and discomfort. Some symptoms associated with low back pain and the conditions behind them can include:
- General pain
- Pain down a leg
- Numbness or weakness in the legs
- Pain getting up out of bed in the morning
- Difficulty sleeping
- Muscle spasms
- Reduced tolerance to certain activities
If you experience one or more of these symptoms and your back doesn’t appear to heal, consider seeking the professional help of a skilled back pain doctor in Jonesboro. We at Myshka Chiropractic can help relieve your lower back pain with effective chiropractic pain management and get you on the path to recovery!
Why Should I See a Jonesboro Back Pain Doctor?
Visiting a back pain doctor in Jonesboro can be the first step toward finding lasting relief. Chiropractic care is different from other forms of back pain treatment because it works to address underlying problems instead of masking symptoms.
Through a holistic approach, chiropractors can uniquely identify the root cause of your back pain and treat it accordingly. Inflammation in one area can lead to pain in another. We at Myshka Chiropractic are dedicated to providing superior care that relieves symptoms and addresses the underlying issues causing lower back pain.
Chiropractic care is a proven, non-invasive treatment for back pain and other musculoskeletal conditions. At Myshka Chiropractic, our back pain doctor in Jonesboro is committed to providing quality care that focuses on improving your overall health and well-being. We take the time to understand your needs and develop individualized treatment plans to get you back on track with your life.
How Our Jonesboro Back Pain Doctor Treats Your Condition
Chiropractic care can help relieve the pain and swelling associated with an underlying condition causing pain in the lower back. Reliable chiropractic services from a low back pain doctor can provide you with treatment that is a safe and non-invasive substitute for over-the-counter or prescription medications that people may otherwise use.
Experienced and knowledgeable chiropractors can provide patients with a kind of therapy called the chiropractic adjustment, which is non-invasive. Chiropractic adjustment therapy can help realign the spine and joints while minimizing joint restrictions, which subsequently decreases nerve pinching and inflammation and restores healthy function in the affected area. As a result, your body will have an easier time managing low back pain symptoms.
With a visit to our chiropractor in Jonesboro, AR, you can experience multiple benefits through chiropractic adjustments, including:
- Helps you become the normal you by experiencing less discomfort and pain
- Reduced inflammation
- Added muscle strength and tone
- Increased flexibility and range of motion
- Improved sleep
- Increased energy levels
- Less stress
- Improved quality of life
Dr. Myshka also uses laser therapy, which can help accelerate the body’s healing process and alleviate low back pain.
Back Pain Doctor Jonesboro
We can determine if chiropractic care is right for you in your consultation. The specific treatment we recommend will depend on your condition, but we work to provide you with non-invasive therapy that can restore your spinal and nerve system health in the long term.
Dr. Myshka has properly diagnosed and treated many different low back pain conditions and symptoms. Don’t suffer from low back pain any longer — come to Myshka Chiropractic in Jonesboro for reliable chiropractic treatment.