One of the most common problem areas for many people is the lower back, also referred to as the lumbar spine. There are many parts in this section of the body that can be affected, including hundreds of ligaments, tendons, joints, muscles, connective tissues, and nerves. The daily activities that involve the lower spine are also numerous and can put stress on this area, resulting in potentially chronic conditions that require treatment.
Request an appointment with our Jonesboro back pain doctor at Myshka Chiropractic to help eliminate lower back pain and discomfort!
What Causes Low Back Pain?
Problems in the lower back could involve a myriad of conditions, including spinal subluxation or joint misalignment, arthritis, disc disease, disc herniations or bulges, spinal stenosis, or nerve impingement. Conditions can be congenital (i.e., at birth), or they can be classified as one of three different types, including:
- Mechanical – a) Old impact that involves the movement of certain structures to be in the wrong place, including discs, ligaments, soft tissues, muscles, joints, or vertebrae. b) Short leg quarter inch to half inch can give you a crooked spine for a lifetime. This will cause low back pain due to spinal nerve root impingement.
- Idiopathic – The cause is unknown.
- Organic – The cause is a kind of cancer or disease.
Branching from these types of conditions, there are several specific causes of low back pain, including certain risk factors and triggers that may develop into a condition ranging from mild to severe. The potential causes can include:
- Old fall, old bicycle accident, old four-wheeler accident or old car accident
- Short leg that makes you crooked with constant low back pain
- A family history of lower back problems
- The type of work you perform, including jobs that entail repeated heavy lifting, along with sedentary jobs such as desk work that entails long periods of sitting
- A history of lower back pain that results in recurring or aggravated conditions
- Poor posture when performing certain tasks on the job, at home, or during other activities
To effectively treat pain in the lower back, it’s important to determine the cause of the condition. Dr. Susan Myshka, Jonesboro back pain doctor, has over three decades of experience not only providing treatment for low back pain but also identifying and addressing the root cause.
Common Symptoms of Low Back Pain
Some common symptoms of lower back pain can be difficult to deal with, particularly if the symptoms extend beyond pain and discomfort. Some symptoms associated with low back pain and the conditions behind them can include:
- General pain
- Pain down a leg
- Numbness or weakness in the legs
- Pain getting up out of bed in the morning
- Difficulty sleeping
- Muscle spasms
- Reduced tolerance to certain activities
If you experience one or more of these symptoms and your back doesn’t appear to heal, cconsider seeking the professional help of a skilled back pain doctor in Jonesboro. We at Myshka Chiropractic can help relieve your lower back pain and get you on the path to recovery!
How Our Jonesboro Back Pain Doctor Treats Your Condition
Chiropractic care can help relieve the pain and swelling associated with an underlying condition causing pain in the lower back. Reliable chiropractic services from a low back pain doctor can provide you with treatment that is a safe and non-invasive substitute for over-the-counter or prescription medications that people may otherwise use.
Experienced and knowledgeable chiropractors can provide patients with a kind of therapy called chiropractic adjustment, which is non-invasive. Chiropractic adjustment therapy can help realign the spine and joints while minimizing joint restrictions, which subsequently decreases the pinching of the nerve, inflammation and restores healthy function to the affected area. As a result, your body will have an easier time managing low back pain symptoms.
With a visit to Myshka Chiropractic, you can experience multiple benefits through chiropractic adjustments, including:
- Helps you become the normal you by experiencing less discomfort and pain
- Reduced inflammation
- Added muscle strength and tone
- Increased flexibility and range of motion
Dr. Myshka also uses laser therapy, which can help accelerate the body’s healing process and alleviate low back pain.
Back Pain Doctor Jonesboro
In your consultation, we can determine if chiropractic care is right for you. The specific treatment we recommend will depend on your condition, but we work to provide you with non-invasive therapy that can restore your spinal and nerve system health in the long term.
Dr. Myshka has been able to properly diagnose and treat many different low back pain conditions and symptoms. Don’t suffer from low back pain any longer — come to Myshka Chiropractic in Jonesboro for reliable chiropractic treatment.