Chiropractic care is a natural solution to relieve and manage pain and discomfort caused by scoliosis. Dr. Susan Myshka at Myshka Chiropractic in Jonesboro can provide you with scoliosis treatment that’s a safe, non-invasive, non-addictive alternative to prescription medications or over-the-counter pain medications, which are commonly prescribed to patients to help manage pain from scoliosis. Dr. Myshka can perform effective chiropractic adjustments to help get you the pain relief you need!
What is Scoliosis?
Scoliosis is an abnormal curvature of the spine. The normal shape of one’s spine includes a curve at the top of the shoulder and a curve at the lower back. If you have scoliosis, the spine rotates and develops a side-to-side curve.
There are four main types of scoliosis:
- Idiopathic scoliosis: Has no identifiable cause but constitutes the most common form of the disorder. It tends to run in families and develop as children and adolescents grow. Typically, the spine is curved and the pelvis is level. There is no “cure” for this type but routine chiropractic adjustments can provide relief and improve the quality of life for a patient.
- Congenital scoliosis: When one or more of the vertebrae in the spine don’t form completely during pregnancy. A wedge-shaped vertebra, a deformity called a hemivertebrae, is present instead of a square healthy-shaped vertebra. This is the least common type.
- Neuromuscular scoliosis: Directly related to nerve abnormalities that affect muscles in the spine, such as cerebral palsy and muscular dystrophy. Typically, patients develop long, sweeping S- and/or C-shaped curves that involve the entire spine, including the sacrum (the vertebrae that form part of the pelvis).
- Short Leg Scoliosis: Scoliosis caused by one leg being shorter than the other. This condition responds very well to chiropractic care. Chiropractic adjustments are done to straighten the spine, and we may also have patients use a heel lift (a wedge-shaped shoe insert) in the shoe of the shorter leg to promote a more balanced spinal growth and reduce the curvature.
Dr. Myshka can treat crooked spines and scoliosis with Gonstead chiropractic adjustments that move the vertebrae. For over 36 years, we helped countless patients feel like themselves again by using chiropractic care to relieve pain caused by scoliosis. Patients feel relief and in some cases, we have reduced their spinal curvature. Each patient receives an individualized treatment plan catered to their specific needs.
Chiropractic scoliosis treatment can:
- Reduce pain and discomfort
- Decrease inflammation
- Improve range of motion
- Improve flexibility
- Increase activity and lifestyle
Contact Our Jonesboro Scoliosis Chiropractor
Myshka Chiropractic is here to help! Schedule a consultation with our experienced scoliosis chiropractor by you to get on the path to pain relief.